- Includes: 1 pair standard fit ETY Plugs with blue tips, neck cord, and carrying case
- Replicates the natural response of the ear, so sound quality is the same as the original, only quieter. Music and speech are clear, not muffled.
- Reduces risk of hearing damage from loud noise such as concerts, theatres, airshows, parades, athletic and motorsports events.
- Enhances the music experience; Allows musicians to hear their own instrument and their blend with others.
- Not recommended for use with impulse noise, e.g., shooting sports. Not recommended for sleeping.
- Low cost, ready-fit hearing protection with cord and case
- Replicates the ear's natural response
- Sound quality is preserved
- Speech is clear, not muffled
- Reduces sound approximately 20 decibels at all frequencies
From the manufacturer
Etymotic Research, Inc. is an engineering-driven research, development and manufacturing company. The name ‘Etymotic’ (pronounced ‘et-im-oh-tik.’) means ‘true to the ear.’ Innovation, education and hearing conservation are central to Etymotic’s mission.
ETY-Plugs High Fidelity Earplugs
ETY-Plugs are the world’s highest fidelity non-custom earplugs. They reduce most noise to safe levels while preserving the clarity of speech and the richness of music.
Standard size fits most ear canals
ETY-Plugs are reusable. With heavy use the eartips can weaken and could break. Replace every 3-6 months
Includes neck cord and carrying case
Not recommended for gunfire, sleeping or swimming
Where to use hearing protection?
Concerts, Performances & Clubs
Outdoor Music Festivals
Airshows & Parades
Motorsports & Athletic Events
Industrial Work, Machinery & Construction
Yard work, Power Tools & Home Improvement
Travel, Commuting & Studying
Noise Sensitivity, Sensory Issues & Auditory Processing Issues
Why Hearing Protection?
Noise-induced hearing loss is cumulative and irreversible. It is also completely preventable.
We are constantly bombarded by unsafe noise levels in our daily lives. A recent study by the World Health Organization found over a billion young people are at risk of noise-induced hearing damage.
Regular use of ETY-Plugs helps protect you from the lifelong effects of over exposure to loud sounds.
Why ER20 ETY-Plugs?
ETY-Plugs use a proprietary tuned resonator and acoustic resistor to replicate the natural response of the ear canal. Sound is reproduced unchanged, as the ear would hear it, only quieter.
Standard foam earplugs reduce mid-range and high frequencies resulting in muffled speech and music. ETY-Plugs reduce sound levels evenly, preserving clarity of speech and communication, and richness of music.
ETY-Plugs are available in 2 sizes, standard and large. Each yield approximately 20dB sound reduction when worn properly.
Standard fits the majority of users.
Color:Clear Stem / Blue Tip
Hearing loss from loud sound affects millions of people, but noise-induced hearing loss is preventable! ETY-Plugs are the world’s first ready-fit, high-fidelity earplugs that reduce sound levels evenly while preserving sound quality and clarity. ETY Plugs replicate the natural response of the ear, so sound quality is the same as the original, only quieter. Music and voices are clear–not muffled–making ETY Plugs ideal for concerts, clubs, theaters, aircraft, construction, yard work, airshows, parades, and athletic or motorsports events. The standard size fits the majority of ears. ETY Plugs are reusable, but with repeated use, the eartips may lose elasticity. For best performance and retention, if you use your ETY Plugs frequently, replace them every 3-6 months. ETY-Plugs are not recommended for use with impulse noises such as gunfire or for sleeping.