- Make sure this fitsby entering your model number.
- A FULL CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT SET: This Christmas countdown tree ornament set includes a magnetic wooden tree, 24 magnetic ornaments, and 1 shining star for the top of the tree. An attached wooden ornament box helps to keep all the pieces together.
- HANDS-ON WAY TO INTRODUCE CHRISTMAS: The Melissa & Doug Countdown to Christmas Wooden Advent Calendar is an educational and entertaining way to get kids into the Christmas spirit.
- INCLUDES AN INSPIRING POEM: The Melissa & Doug Christmas advent calendar includes a holiday poem on the back which encourages family communication and can be part of a festive read-aloud ritual.
- GIFT FOR AGES 3 TO 7: Our Countdown to Christmas Wooden Advent Calendar makes a great gift for kids ages 3 to 7 years. Add the Melissa & Doug Wooden Christmas Nativity Set as an ideal accompaniment for festive fun.
- “THE GOLD STANDARD IN CHILDHOOD PLAY”: For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News calls “the gold standard in early childhood play.”
- 100% HAPPINESS GUARANTEE: We design every toy to the highest-quality standards, and to nurture minds and hearts. If your child is not inspired, give us a call and we'll make it right. Our phone number is on every product!
From the manufacturer
COUNTLESS WAYS TO PLAY
Tools for Learning
Experts say the best toys are those that encourage interaction. Our toys are designed to inspire engagement and connection with your child. Many even include enrichment ideas right on the packaging. Because kids who can imagine the possibilities become grown-ups who can make their dreams a reality!
Choosing the Best Toys
The American Academy of Pediatrics is serious about play, even urging doctors to prescribe it! Their advice: Limit screen time, make time for unstructured play, and choose toys that inspire imagination.
Melissa & Doug is here to help you fill that prescription for healthy hands-on play!
Melissa and Doug are real people (and parents of six) who are passionate about the power of play!
To ignite imagination and wonder so children discover themselves, their passions, and their purpose.
Made with quality and care, our toys inspire a world of discovery and hands-on learning.
The Melissa & Doug signature on every product is our commitment to the highest standards.
Antidote to Screens
“Part of Melissa & Doug’s appeal is as an antidote, if not a substitute, for all that screen time.”
The Gold Standard
“The couple’s brand of low-tech, mostly wood toys has become the gold standard in early childhood play.”
Play With a Purpose
“Melissa & Doug toys flex every muscle of a child’s developing sense of identity – and the toys are often tested by their six children.”
“Melissa & Doug is set on making toys that are meant to be timeless, in an effort to preserve a cornerstone of childhood…open-ended play.”
What makes Melissa & Doug toys good for kids?
The American Academy of Pediatrics says toys that inspire hands-on engagement, imaginative play, and rich interactions are the best choice. Each of our toys is thoughtfully and meticulously designed to encourage this kind of learning and development.
What other toys and products do you make?
We make more than 2,000 toys and other products for babies, toddlers, and big kids. Categories include: Pretend Play, Arts & Crafts, Developmental Toys, Children’s Furniture, Games, Activity Pads, Puzzles, Plush, and more!
I’ve heard Melissa & Doug stands behind everything it makes. Is that true?
Yes! Your happiness is our goal. That’s why we’ve put our name (and our phone number!) on every product. If your child is not inspired, give us a call and we’ll make it right.
Can I reach someone at Melissa & Doug if I still have a question?
Call us at the number on the back of our packaging. You’ll speak to a real, live person in our Connecticut office during weekday business hours. Or email us, but we bet the human connection of a phone call will brighten your day!
Add some kid-friendly holiday cheer and a charming yuletide ritual to your home with this wooden magnetic holiday tree! The set includes 24 magnetic ornaments plus a shining star for Christmas day–all of which fit neatly in the attached box at the base of the tree. Kids can pick a favorite design to place on the tree each day, following the numbered outlines to fill the tree right up to Christmas. They’ll also love to switch, move, and rearrange the pieces to customize their very own tree countless times.
Decorating your Countdown to Christmas Wooden Advent Calendar will not only become a highly-anticipated annual tradition, it can also be a great way to help promote and reinforce many developmental skills as children grow. Use the numbers on the tree to help young children with number recognition and to learn to count both forwards and backwards; as they get older, ask children to add the numbers in a row. Play games with the ornaments to help develop color recognition and memory skills. For example, have kids find all of the ornaments that have red but no green or name all of the colors on individual ornaments. Or, ask them to choose five ornaments and study them carefully; then, have them to close their eyes while you remove one ornament. Can they guess which one is missing? The learning possibilities are endless!
For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News called “the gold standard in early childhood play.” We design every toy to the highest-quality standards, and to nurture minds and hearts. If your child is not inspired, give us a call and we’ll make it right. Our phone number is on every product!
From the Manufacturer
From classic wooden toys to crafts, pretend play, and games, Melissa & Doug products provide a launch pad to ignite imagination and a sense of wonder in all children so they can discover themselves, their passions, and their purpose.
Since the company’s founding more than 25 years ago, Melissa & Doug has consistently delivered innovative products that inspire open-ended thinking, encourage kids to see new possibilities, and offer Countless Ways to Play. It’s part of a bigger vision to Take Back Childhood. Because by giving children a true childhood with the space and freedom to explore their world, we give them a path to realizing their full potential!